Friday, May 19, 2017

Inside and Out Book Tag

I'm back with another tag! I think they're so fun and just a bit of something different. I was tagged to do the Inside and Out Book Tag by the lovely Erica @ Erica Robyn Reads

1. Inside flap/back of the book summaries: Too much info or not enough?
I think some of them do give a little too much away. It's kind of a tricky balance of saying enough to entice readers but also not saying too much. I'm the kind of person who doesn't pay that much attention to it though, I'll read a blurb and immediately it's gone from my memory. So, blurbs aren't a huge thing for me. I'm more of a title and cover person.

2. New book: What form do you want it in?
Hardcover for sure. My shelves are 90% paperbacks because they are way easier to find where I live and cheaper but I do love hardcovers. They're so sturdy and beautiful. 

3. Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?
Sometimes, if something has really stuck out to me and I want to mention it in a review then I'll write a note in my phone but I don't typically do any of that. I used to use sticky notes but then I started thinking too much about the sticky notes and less about what I was actually reading. 

4. Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?
Not at all, I barely pay attention to authors unless it's someone I know of. Gender doesn't really matter to me and I don't think it's going to effect the quality of the book because you identify as this or that.

5. Ever read ahead? Have you ever read the last page way before you got there?

I used to do it all the time because I was impatient. I've recently stopped because I enjoy the book so much more when I get to be all nervous about the ending because I haven't read ahead. Although, I will say I definitely read ahead recently when I was reading P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han. I just needed to know that my ship would be okay. But, it was a really bad habit of mine and I'm glad I don't do it as frequently.
  
6. Organised bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
Honestly, at the moment my shelves are very outrageous. At my house, we've been doing a lot of painting so things have been moved around a lot. I also just can't find a method to the madness really. I organise them by size, if I try to get any fancier I can't get them all to fit.

7. Have you ever purchases a book based on the cover alone?
Definitely, as I said, I am a huge cover person. I think a good cover sells the books. I am a very visual person and I have no shame in saying I have most definitely bought a few books based purely on cover.

8. Take it outside to read, or stay in?

I like to read inside. Too many bugs outside. I love to snuggle up inside with my book. It's also usually quite windy where I live which is not ideal and I burn ridiculously easy so I avoid the sun where possible.

All right, well that's that. Today, I'm just going to tag any of you who want to do this tag because I'm incredibly lazy. (Whoops). So, I'd love to see your answers and I hope you liked mine. 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting tag! I really never read the inside flap blurb. More often than not it's way too long, and I'm gonna find out all the information anyways, so it doesn't really matter to me. I used to read ahead when I was younger, I did it for all the Harry Potter books, but now I wouldn't ever do it. I hate being spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read ahead for Harry Potter, too. I just really wanted to make sure everything would be okay before proceeding. I hate spoilers now though. It's a great thing to read a book without knowing what'll happen.

      Delete
  2. I feel the opposite in that I always check blurbs before buying a book haha. Sometimes I'll just go off cover and title alone but I like to check what it's about before buying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely should check the blurbs, it's a horrible habit that has resulted in some not so great buys. I'll have to take a leaf out of your book, haha.

      Delete