Monday, October 10, 2016

A letter to Park *SPOILER ALERT*

Dear Park,

How are you? I sincerely hope you're okay. I hope you don't still feel numb because I think that's the worst way to feel. If you can't at least feel something, how do you know you're alive?
15745753
Park, I've always appreciated you and your attitude towards love. I loved that you thought you and Eleanor would last. That's the kind of attitude we all need. I think you're a romantic Park, and so am I. I so wish things had worked out better for you, god, you deserved it.

I know you'd agree with me Park, that love is probably the best (and worst) thing a human can experience. I think you're lucky to have experienced a love so real that it devastated people who heard your story. I think you'd agree with me. We're similar in that respect.

I can't begin to use words to describe how sorry I am that you were in a situation where Eleanor's safety and being with her couldn't exist at the same time. I think that is such a tough decision to make, it's almost like when my family had to make the decision to put down our dog. We were to end her suffering but to begin our own yet, it would have been selfish to keep her in that position. Like you and Eleanor.

I hope you're family are doing great, I've always been fond of your mum. I also hope your friend Cal and Kim are still going strong. Anyone who tried so desperately at least deserves to maintain the relationship. I hope that schools going as well as school can go, you don't need that on top of everything else.

Most of all, I hope you can think of Eleanor with happiness and gratefulness of your time together rather than sadness. If not now, then soon. I think that's what everyone deserves and it will come with time. Your story makes me feel a great deal of things, Park. It makes me think and for that, I thank you.

Sincerely,
Brooklyn.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww this was so cute! I just love Eleanor and Park :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I adore Eleanor and Park, it was the book that really got me into contemporaries.

      Delete